The most challenging part of the day is what to cook for toddlers with the list of considerations:
- What would they eat?
- What is fun to eat?
- What can Diego eat, who has a G6PD condition?
- What is healthy?
- What is available in the cupboard and fridge?
Then you think for a second, I am left with very limited options. You’re resourcefulness and creativity comes in handy.
In this recipe, I tweaked it a bit. The deviled eggs recipe calls for a mustard, but I didn’t have any and the kids probably wouldnt like it, as it is an acquired taste. I have an opened all purpose cream in the fridge and so I replaced it with than and it added creaminess to the yolks too.
Here are the ingredients:
- All purpose cream
- Salt and pepper
- Green onion leaves
- Boil eggs for at least 10 minutes or until hard boiled. Cool.
- Peel eggs and cut in half.
3. Remove yolks from egg whites.
4. Add in mayonnaise and cream.
5. Mix until creamy and lump free.
6. Add your seasoning and spices ; salt, pepper and nutmeg or paprika, nutmeg is all I have.
7. Mid until all incorporated. Taste. Adjust taste according to your desired taste.
8. Put in a piping bag or a ziplock bag and pipe the yolks on the egg whites.
9. Put a dash of nutmeg and green onion leaves on top.
Lunch is ready. Go try it out. Its also great as appetizer. It can be served cold or warm.
Let me know if you tried it. Happy cooking. Always think of what your kids would it and play around your kitchen and you will be surprised what you can come up with.